This straightforward blueberry crisp is made with easy components like blueberries, lemon juice, and flour and is topped with a golden crumble on prime. It’s the excellent summer season dessert!
Bursting Blueberry Crisp
Is there something higher than a blueberry crisp with a naturally candy blueberry filling and a crumbly and golden topping? We expect not! This blueberry crisp is tart, candy, and simple to whip up very quickly.
why we love this blueberry crisp
- When you’ve got leftover blueberries it’s a good way to show plain outdated blueberries right into a scrumptious dessert.
- You solely want 10 components to make this blueberry crisp recipe.
- It’s a more healthy dessert possibility.
- This blueberry crisp recipe is the proper bbq aspect!
Components You Want
- Blueberries- whereas we used recent blueberries on this recipe, frozen blueberries work too.
- Vanilla extract– tossing the blueberries in a little bit vanilla extract provides the proper quantity of dessert taste to any recipe.
- Lemon juice– lemon juice provides citrus and balances the sweetness of the blueberries with a little bit tartness.
- White complete wheat flour– you want flour for each the blueberry filling and the blueberry crisp topping.
- Salt– the salt on this recipe enhances the entire flavors this blueberry crisp recipe.
- Rolled oats– the rolled oats within the blueberry crisp topping provides a chunk and so they flip probably the most scrumptious golden brown coloration.
- Gentle brown sugar– we sweeten the oat topping up with a little bit brown sugar.
- Butter– the butter acts as a each a binder for the topping and creates the proper golden brown coloration.
Don’t have every little thing you want for this recipe or do you wish to make a substitution? Listed here are some choices!
white complete wheat flour –> all-purpose flour or almond flour
rolled oats–> fast cooking oats
mild brown sugar–> white sugar or maple syrup
butter–> coconut oil
Make it Vegan
To make this recipe vegan, be sure that to swap the butter for coconut oil or vegan butter.
Make it Gluten-Free
To make it gluten-free, swap the white complete wheat flour for a gluten-free flour mix and ensure to make use of licensed gluten-free oatmeal.
Instruments You Might Want
We all the time favor recent blueberries however frozen blueberries will work simply fantastic! You can too use blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries! When you’ve got all three try our triple berry crisp!
We advocate freezing the blueberry crisp earlier than baking. Make the blueberry crisp recipe as written in a freezer and oven-safe container. Cowl the container with saran wrap and freeze till prepared to organize the crisp. Why freeze it? Make this dessert recipe for household and pals (or your self) to have a dessert recipe available for last-minute gatherings.
Including flour to the blueberry filling is the thickening agent within the blueberry crisp.
Sure, we advocate refrigerating the blueberry crisp, lined, for as much as 5 days.
Why is my blueberry crisp soggy?
Your blueberry crisp might be soggy as a result of moisture content material within the blueberries. For this reason we advocate tossing your blueberries in flour earlier than baking. It’ll assist crease a pleasant, thick blueberry filling.
The best way to Make Blueberry Crisp
- Combine the blueberry filling components. Add the blueberries, flour, vanilla, lemon juice, and salt in to a bowl. Toss the components collectively.
- Make the topping. Place the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt, and softened butter right into a separate bowl and lower the components collectively till they’re a cookie dough consistency.
- Layer the components. Pour the blueberries in a greased 9×9 baking dish. Sprinkle the topping over the blueberry filling.
- Bake. Place the blueberry crisp within the oven and bake at 375ºF and bake for half-hour, cowl with tin foil, and bake for a further Quarter-hour.
- Let it cool. Take away the crisp from the oven and let it cool for 10-Quarter-hour. That is vital as a result of it permits the blueberry filling to thicken to perfection.
Add-ins and toppings
It’s all the time enjoyable to combine issues up by including components into the crumble topping! Under are some enjoyable concepts!
- sliced almonds
- chopped pecans
- flax seeds
First, preheat the oven to 375ºF and spray a 9-inch x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Subsequent, place the entire components for the filling into a big bowl and blend to mix. Switch into the baking dish and put aside.
In a medium bowl, put together the crumble. Mix all components with a wood spoon and use your palms if wanted. Be sure that the butter is softened so that you could create a scrumptious, crumble topping.
Switch the crumble topping on prime of the berries, ensuring that it’s evenly unfold out.
Place crumble into the oven and bake at 375ºF for half-hour. Take away from oven, cowl with tin foil. Then, place again into the oven and proceed baking for 15 extra minutes.
Let cool for 10 minutes earlier than serving.
Energy: 272kcal Carbohydrates: 40g Protein: 3g Fats: 12g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 13g
Pictures: photographs taken on this publish are by Erin from The Wood Skillet.